Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Naval Gaming on the Cruel Seas

Here are some pics of forces I am painting up for the new Game - Cruel Seas.  It is a 1/300 scale naval game that I recently started playing.  I am painting up two forces right now - a German Kriegsmarine Force and a British (Free French) Flotilla Force.  I have continued my Free French WWII theme into this game system as I can be the add on to the many different British forces that people are painting up.

Enjoy these pics while I finish painting the larger boats and get some action photos of a game soon.

The Vosper MkII's in foreground, MkI's in the background.

Decals from MiscMini 1/300 range and Flames of War 15mm French Armor sets will help with identifying boats during a game. 

Close up of a Vosper MkII.

British Dog Boats to give my force some punch!  I have some other really cool models on the painting table that will add an even heavier punch!  I will have photos soon!

The Fleet Air Arm is also well represented in my force.  Decals also from the excellent MiscMini 1/300 MTB decal sheet! I think this is one of my favorite paint jobs of the year so far.

I have made a pretty good dent in the 'too paint pile' for Cruel Seas.  I am currently working on larger ships like the Armed Trawlers and Minesweepers.  I will get pics up as soon as I can.

No comments: