Saturday, October 26, 2019

New Game Mat for the Table

I recently invested in one of the new mats from Killing Fields Battle Mats company.  It arrived last week and I have to say that it is just as advertised.  Here are some photos to show you what the mat looks like.  I will comment more on the mat as I use it in games.

The mat is approximately 4' by 6' and although it had some ripples in it from being folded during delivery, it has relaxed well and there shouldn't be any issue with use in games.

The buildings are from Cresent Root.  These are excellent pre-painted and assembled buildings that come ready to unpack and put on the table.  The roads are from Deep Cut Studios.  The straight sections of roads are as you see them in the photos.  I trimmed the intersections and corner pieces to match the width of the straight sections more closely.  I do not know the manufacturer of the hills.

Photos:






I am looking forward to having actual games on this mat in the near future.

No comments: