Saturday, December 26, 2015

Over a Month!

It has been over a month since my last post!  I really get annoyed when real life infringes on the hobby!!!!

I had an opportunity to get to the painting table over the past couple of days and I am happy to report that the French WW II army is complete!  Although there are rumors that my Christmas stocking might include a couple of reinforcements.  We will have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

There are a total of 75 figures, two guns, and two vehicles in the force. Here are a few pictures of what is painted to date.

The Foreign Legion specific forces.  Three squads, medium ATG  (47mm) and a 2LT.

Close-up of one of the squads.  Each squad has a SGT with SMG, LMG and five Rifles.


Medium ATG.  This is a French 47mm Anti-tank Gun.  Considered one of the best weapons of the early years of the war.  Note the Fusilier Marins gunner that is part of the crew.  In the background is a Renault R35 light tank.  Not technically part of this Foreign Legion unit, but definitely one of the support weapons of my overall French Army.

I think it is a pretty Balanced and colorful force.  Not your usual French Army.  I can't wait to get it on the gaming table and see how they fight!

No comments: