Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Year in Review

Happy New Year!  Here's toasting a great year around the gaming table!  The hobby year overall was a good one with new forces being raised and many a good time with good friends.  I gamed at my house, other's homes, at club game nights and at the Adler Games Cafe.  Very fun wherever I played! I look forward to even more good times in the coming year!

Here is my total of my wargaming activities for 2016.

Figures Painted
25-28mm
Figures - 136
Vehicles/Guns - 14
20mm 
Figures - 6
Vehicles/Guns - 2

Games Played
Bolt Action - 7
Napoleon's Rules of War - 4
Iron Cross - 1
Volley Bayonet & Glory - 1
War at Sea - 1
Brother Against Brother - 1

Other
28mm Figures Rebased - 11



I have to call this the year of the 28mm WWII armies.  I went for Bolt Action in a big way and right at the end of the year we have discovered "Iron Cross" which seems to have potential for a club game day WWII set-up.  We will have to see.  I'm not a fast painter at all but I think I did pretty well for me.  I have just about all of the Allied forces that I need for both BA and Iron Cross.  2017 will be my year to get an Axis force to get opposing forces on the table!

I really got away from my 20mm armies and games and maybe I can get back to them in the coming year.  I also got away from Napoleonics and War of 1812.  I hope Napoleon's Rules of War is published and we can do some gaming in that genre.

See you in 2017!

2 comments:

Ed M said...

Happy new year, Mark. Hope it will be as procuctive as 2016--in both figures and games played.
Ed

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

I'd call that figure output a great year!

AJ